Monday, March 3, 2008

The things when you're down...

I've been down, for almost 2 weeks. So were the kids and the hubby. With the daughters' temperatures unstable, there is no opportunity to rest in the nights. Yes, for the last 2 weeks.

Hubby asked how do I do it; being awake every other hour, and still get to work. I really don't know. Do we women have a choice, really? If he had his way, he'd like me to just get the kids to be looked after by the maid in the evening, so I'll have a rest. I'd feel really guilty, if I do. I don't go back for lunch (hardly do), then come home at 5, sometimes later, and expect me to just leave my kids to the maid again in the evening? I can't do that. Well, I tried once. But at 2am, I gave up and took the baby back. I guess it's those things we do as mothers. I'm thankful that my partner appreciates that. I pray to God, that he'd continue to appreciate me, and all the things that go with this marriage.

Oh, okay.... am not just down, but soppy. Defence is too weak. Ain't it funny.

2 comments:

The World According to Twinkle said...

Simply said - You are a good mum!! You were and are ready to be one -- so you take all the joy, all the headaches, all the sleepless nights and receive all the love from your loved ones. on a sarky note --Women are the superior sex -- hehehe-- we can multitask with aplomb!!! hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Miss you winx. Poor you (and your family) No wonder you were not around here in your own blog. You and I and the millions of mothers around the world are super-human. Hehe. Have a good rest but am happy to see you are back and fighting back a bit albeit soppy. Go woman!