Friday, July 25, 2008

P on the highway


No kidding. He must had had a gallon in there by the angle and amount of flow.

You might find this sickening, but I got to mention it. It's a rarity we get people doing their business right on the side of the highway and CLEARLY visible IN Brunei. I mean this was just less than a kilo from Jerudong Park. By the look of his face, he wasn't drunk. Yup, we stared at each other and no, 'it' didn't stop. He looked more RELIEVED, a little confused, and possibly bemused that I stared at his face, and erm... lucky not his weapon. He did look like an ex, but NO, it wasn't him, and I'm sure the ex would never have done that. Yeh, put him on an identity parade, no doubt I can pinpoint this guy. I mean he was just a few metres away. He parked his car on the side, and did his thing right beside it. Ok, good thing he put his car signal on, ofcourse not on emergency.

(Picture opposite is not the actual photo, I didn't have a camera on me. source: http://farm1.static.flickr.com)

Like I said, he didn't look intoxicated. He must have been desperate that he just couldn't control it, and had to let go there and then. But as a man he could have gone into the bushes. There weren't any really. Okay, the very least he could have covered himself with his car door. I wouldn't have noticed it from afar, even if I was wondering what kind of sprinkler was coming from the car.

Maybe he had driven from Belait. I'm not justifying his action. Think about it. There's no service station (with loos) you can get to on this 100km ride from that district. Well, except that Telisai Filling Station, they've an okay restroom you could use. I frequent this cubicle, ever so often on my way down to or up from Belait. That's only if you knew it exist. It happened by chance, in my case, sometime ago.


When I'm desperate and had passed Telisai, I do wonder if that Royal Brunei Police Highway Patrol Post has got a portable loo I could use. Never stopped to ask. Maybe that's it, put public toilets at the same spot; maybe those coin-operated and self-cleaned ones like they have in Europe. I mean if we placed them nearby the Police post, who'd dare to vandalise it. No, it's not the duty of the Police Officers stationed there to man the toilet; that's not their job of course. We just need their presence. Not just to stop potential vandalism, but any peeping Tom we girls afraid of. Just a thought.


(pic source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/...)

1 comment:

The World According to Twinkle said...

I like this post!!! I like the part when you wrote ....you stared at his face rather than his weapon of destruction!!! har Har Har. I agree that we need more loos but are we going to be responsible and keep it clean??? We both hate filthy loos...so, what's the solution?? Fine or public awareness campaign on hygiene and cleanliness??