Monday, December 31, 2007

The end is just the beginning

It wouldn't be right to end the new year without any post from me. And it wouldn't be great to simply say 'Goodbye 2007, and Welcome 2008'. It would be boring to publish my reminisce of 2007, cause everyone would just be doing that. It's not me to follow trends. But then I did blog, didn't I? Err...

*blank*

*flutter into friends blogs* (What! I've been tagged!)

*thinking again*

Now, it'll be a busy week this new year. It had been, last week. We are preparing for a big event next week. I'd love to post our flyer in here, but if I did, I'd give away my identity. I know some people may have guessed me already. Keep that to yourselves.

Last thursday, I had a last minute task of writing answer scripts for a TV appearance of a colleague. But they started questioning her other than those cued after a while. I received an e-mail from her, apologizing and saying she didn't do well. I told her it's alright, it's not easy being on camera live. I remember being interviewed live for another similar event 4 years back. To kill time, the TV host started questioning on things I didn't know much about. Lucky, I can be a great bluffer.

Now, my bluff wouldn't help next week. I'd be on 'live' in the morning, the last person. No chance to bluff. It would be interesting to try to. Dare and be ready to hear whispers saying "no substance" in the background and then on. I can't have that. When it comes to my work, everything is a 'break or make.' No compromise.

In my line of work, it looks pretty easy. But actually, it's mean. Yes, it's a mean world. You want to be accepted, you need to belong, otherwise you are a NO body. Many times, there are abuses and cheatings; other times those urging for ethics, are themselves questionable. Plenty of back stabbings. Rumour has it that I'd be a bi*ch one day, and there'd be nasty competitions between myself and two others. There is a sense of truth in the competition bit, but not the nastiness as they've expected. I have respect for the other two; they've earned whatever achievements or awards they've received. I know they respect me too. For somebody who's yet to get to their level, they've attested to seeing me as their rivals. That sounds incredible to me.

I still have a little while to go where they are. This time I'm not going to haste it. Circumstances have slowed it down, but not meaning I can't wind up my effort. My 'divorce' with my work partner recently was unexpected and un-amicable. We parted on bitterness on both sides, bitterness from distrust and backstab. Communication was futile. But, it's not the end of the project. Cause somebody else has proposed to re-marry.

Highlight of the year: Risking it all resulting with MEND-able disappointment.
Learning point of the year: To take PRIDE of every actions I've made. Cause I tried my BEST.

Happy New Year 2008 to everyone. Have a good one.

No comments: